How to make a journey by plane comfortable? What to wear on a plane and what to avoid? Here’s 10 tips from flight attendants and travelers about things not to wear on a plane.
Whether you’re choosing an outfit for a short or a long-distance flight, it’s important that you feel comfortable while staying out of trouble at the same time. Watch it and figure out which clothes can put your journey to a halt right at the plane’s door!
Remember, you can totally make comfort look stylish! For example, a maxi dress paired with a denim jacket will look very fashionable, while simultaneously providing all the comfort you need.
Tight clothes 1:19
Complicated items 2:16
Clothes or jewelry containing metal 2:49
Summer clothes 3:37
Contact lenses 4:34
High heels 5:05
T-shirts with offensive text 6:31
Itchy fabrics 7:44
Baggy clothes 8:21
How to dress for a journey by plane 9:12
– Avoid heavy perfumes for the sake of your fellow passengers. A prevailing number of people find scented products on others irritating, and there also could be people with allergies and asthma on the flight.
– Avoid tight clothing, especially when your flight is longer than 4 hours. People on a long-distance flight are at a risk of developing DVT (deep vein thrombosis).
– Clothes with a lot of buttons and zippers won’t make your flight experience the most comfortable one.
– The best thing to do is to go for natural materials and take off any jewelry (even gold, which seems safe enough to wear) until you pass completely through security screening.
– It makes sense to have different layers of clothes – this way, you can always control how warmly you’re dressed. What is more, if your luggage is lost (we all know that the chances of this happening are quite high), you will always have a spare change of clothes.
– In an aircraft, the average humidity can get as low as 10-20%, and in extreme cases, it can drop down to 1 percent!
– Not only can heels potentially be used to store prohibited items, but they also contain an internal metal construction that will definitely set off the alarm. Nobody would enjoy standing barefoot on the airport floor.
– There have been people prohibited from boarding a plane because of the way they were dressed. The reasons can vary: too much cleavage, a low-cut dress, saggy pants, an offensive T-shirt, bare feet, or even leggings while flying on an airline’s employee pass.
– avoid itchy and scratchy clothes – they will definitely become a bother on the flight. The thing is, hot and cold temperature fluctuations on a plane make your skin very sensitive.
– Tracy Edwards, who works for AAA Travel Sales, says that if you want to pass through security quickly, you should avoid loose-fitting clothes. There is a one hundred percent chance that you will be stopped for additional screening because you’ll look like you’re hiding something under your huge hoodie.
Check the airline’s dress code.
Such a policy can be found on their website. If your dream isn’t to become famous for being kicked off a plane because of your leggings, study it carefully. By the way, that last example with the leggings is based on a real story. It happened to 2 teenage girls flying with United Airlines. They missed their flight since their leggings failed to comply with the dress code of the airline!
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam:
For more videos and articles visit: