Some people consider the rules of etiquette to be outdated and old-fashioned. However, good manners never go out of style. If you want to be taken seriously, you should know there are things that can ruin your image of a true lady.
We at Bright Side have come up with a list of typical etiquette mistakes a lady would never make. Keep them in mind, and you’ll always make a great first impression.
Wearing poor-quality fake designer items 0:34
Making fashion mistakes 1:20
Not taking good care of yourself 2:30
Wearing too much makeup 3:00
Being too fussy 3:25
Finishing your soup 3:59
Being rude and spreading rumors 4:32
Talking and laughing loudly 4:49
Eating on the go 5:43
Being too honest 6:07
Wearing white high heels 6:25
Being late 6:50
Leaving an umbrella open to dry 7:12
Responding to another person’s sneeze by saying “Bless you” 7:39
Not wearing pantyhose 7:58
Refusing food or drinks offered by a host 8:18
Dancing with your hair down 8:41
Blowing on your food to cool it down 9:00
– You don’t have to spend all your money on some ridiculously expensive designer bag. But if you can’t afford it, buying a much cheaper copy is not an option. A replica, even of good quality, can be easily spotted.
– A true lady would never wear an oversized sweater or a pair of overly tight shorts. She knows how to choose the right types of clothes that say a lot about her style.
– Improving your posture is not as difficult as it may seem at first. Including regular exercises in your schedule will strengthen the muscles in your upper back and shoulders and improve your posture.
– A true lady takes good care of herself. She loves sports, maintains a healthy diet, pays attention to skincare, and consults specialists if necessary.
– If a woman pays special attention to skincare, her skin looks amazing. She knows exactly what makes her face stand out and uses makeup accordingly.
– A true lady knows how to take control of her nervous habits — if she has any.
– To get the last spoonful of soup, you need to slightly tilt your bowl or soup plate. Although table manners say you should tilt the plate away from you to avoid splashing, it’s better not to finish the soup at all.
– Being rude, gossiping, and whining are taboos for a true lady. It’s beneath her. Neither would she listen to someone else’s whining and gossiping.
– It’s very important to watch the tone of your voice. Laughing loudly, yelling, and offensive language is unacceptable.
– A true lady always has her own opinion, and she’s 100% sure of it. However, she’d never force her ideas on anybody, nor would she argue her choice.
– Etiquette rules say you need to use cutlery when you’re at the table. So even if pizza is your favorite food, don’t order it in a restaurant.
– A true lady is never too much when it comes to communicating with new people.
– A pair of white pumps can be worn either with a white wedding gown or with a white summer dress. If such a pair is decorated with a colorful detail, such as a bow or something of the kind, it is easier to integrate the shoes into your outfit.
– A lady knows that it’s unacceptable to be more than 15 minutes late, both for business and personal meetings. And if the event is a wedding, graduation, or funeral, it is absolutely unacceptable to be late.
– Close your umbrella before entering a building. Shake the water off, and hang it to dry. You can also use a special drying machine if it’s available.
– Many people respond to someone else’s sneeze by saying “Bless you,” but this is only acceptable if the sneezer is a close friend or family member.
– According to modern business etiquette rules, a woman must wear pantyhose to work and formal receptions. Even on the hottest summer day. If it’s too hot, you can wear thigh-highs or pants instead of a dress or a skirt.
– A true lady would never refuse food and drinks offered to her. If a host asks what drink she prefers.
– A true lady cares about other people’s health and safety.
– It’s unacceptable to blow on your food, which is why a true lady waits for it to cool down naturally. The best way to do it is to take a spoonful of your dish and hold it while you support the conversation.
What do other etiquette rules you follow? Write to us in the comments; we will be happy to know your opinion!
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam:
For more videos and articles visit: